Meet Dr. Raffi Dishakjian - Phlebologist & Cosmetic Surgeon
Dr. Raffi Dishakjian, the Center’s medical director, founded Nu Vela Laser and Vein Center in November 2005 with the goal of offering the most advanced laser and varicose vein treatments in San Fernando Valley region of the city of Los Angeles, in Southern California. Dr. Dishakjian believes he achieved most of his goals by being one of the first vein doctors in San Fernando Valley to offer the Venefit procedure, Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT, Sciton’s Pro-V Laser), foam sclerotherapy, fat removal with lipo dissolve injections, and Titan light therapy for sagging skin. His contribution to his field is widely covered in the media, including his appearances twice on abc Channel’s Eyewitness News.
One of the Most Reputable Vein Doctors in Los Angeles – Dr. Raffi Dishakjian
Dr. Dishakjian’s expertise in vein treatment goes far beyond his formal training. His keen eye for beauty and his pursuit of excellence give him an artistic advantage over many others. Dr. Dishakjian is highly skilled at assessing venous disease and providing lasting treatments. During the last ten years, Dr. Dishakjian has successfully treated thousands of vein patients using state-of-the-art techniques. What impresses the clientele of the vein center the most is the honesty and integrity of Dr. Dishakjian and his passion for perfection and aesthetics.
Unlike in many vein clinics in Los Angeles, Dr. Dishakjian personally performs all laser and vein procedures, including sclerotherapy injections and Ultrasound mapping of leg veins, because he believes that patients of the center deserve the most individualized care, where the doctor has intimate diagnostic knowledge of the patients’ problems and takes his time to discuss the appropriate treatment plan in person, with every patient. We do not employ sales associates to consult with patients or “sell” procedures. We do not employ ultrasound technicians to perform or diagnose venous conditions. All vein treatment procedures are personally performed by the doctor, with an eye towards safety, effectiveness and excellence in cosmetic outcome. We don’t know of any other vein center in San Fernando Valley that can make this same claim.
Patients at Nu Vela Laser and Vein Center are treated with the utmost care, respect and empathy. Dr. Dishakjian adheres to the highest ethical standards of his medical profession through quality care and attention to detail. The cornerstone of Dr. Dishakjian’s success is the mutually trusting doctor-patient relationships he has built and nurtured – one patient at a time. Please read the testimonials and reviews written by the satisfied patients of the practice.
Dr. Raffi Dishakjian, M.D., is a board certified physician, a cosmetic surgeon specialized in minimally invasive cosmetic surgery, and a phlebologist, a doctor specialized in vein treatment. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology since 1995 with more than 20 years of operating room experience.
Dr. Dishakjian’s extensive background in Operating room and anesthesia training, skill and experience also provide a comforting level of safety, allowing him to anticipate and manage medical risk in the rare chance of a medical emergency.
- Physician and Surgeon, California
- Graduated with honors from the American University of Beirut, MD – 1986
- Internship and Residency: General Surgery at State University of New York, Buffalo, with emphasis on trauma, burn and emergency care – 1987-1989
- Residency: Anesthesia at Drew Medical Center – 1990-1993
- Fellowship: Obstetric Anesthesia at University Southern California (USC) Women’s and Children’s Hospital – 1994
Certifications and Memberships:
- Board Certified Anesthesiologist on staff at Southern California’s West Hills hospital and Medical Center for more than 18years.
- Member of the American College of Phlebology – the largest U.S. multi-specialty medical society dedicated to the treatment of varicose veins, spider veins and leg ulcers.
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery – a multi-specialty medical society dedicated to the study and advancement of aesthetic surgery.
- Member of the International Meso-Lipotherapy Society – Dr. Dishakjian trained with Dr. Rittes and Chubaty who pioneered the injection Lipotherapy treatment for eliminating unwanted fat pads non-surgically.
- Medical Director and service provider at Chevy Chase Ambulatory Surgery Center in Glendale, California.