Meet Our Phlebologist (Varicose Vein Doctor) - Dr. Raffi Dishakjian
Dr. Raffi Dishakjian, the phlebologist and the Center’s medical director, founded Nu Vela Laser and Vein Center in 2005. As a dedicated varicose vein doctor, his goal was to offer the most advanced varicose vein treatments in the Los Angeles area of Southern California. Since then, Dr. Dishakjian has achieved most of his goals by being one of the first varicose vein doctors in the San Fernando Valley to offer the Venefit procedure, Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT, Sciton’s Pro-V Laser), and foam sclerotherapy. His contribution to the field is extensively covered in the media, including his appearances twice on Eyewitness News.
Top-Rated Varicose Vein Doctor Serving the Los Angeles Area – Dr. Raffi Dishakjian
Dr. Dishakjian’s expertise in vein treatment goes far beyond his formal training. His keen eye for beauty and his pursuit of excellence give him an artistic advantage over many others. Dr. Dishakjian is highly skilled at assessing venous disease and providing lasting treatments. During the last ten years, Dr. Dishakjian has successfully treated thousands of vein patients using state-of-the-art techniques. What impresses the clientele of the vein center the most is the honesty and integrity of Dr. Dishakjian and his passion for perfection and aesthetics.
Dr. R. Dishakjian believes that patients deserve individualized care, where the doctor has intimate diagnostic knowledge of the patients’ problems and takes his time to discuss the appropriate treatment plan in person. Accordingly, unlike many vein clinics in the Los Angeles area, Dr. Dishakjian has not employed sales associates to consult with patients or “sell” procedures. Moreover, he has not hired an ultrasound techician to perform or diagnose venous conditions.
With an eye towards safety, effectiveness, and excellence in the cosmetic outcome, Dr. Dishakjian personally performs all laser and vein procedures, including sclerotherapy injections, laser vein removal procedures, and Ultrasound mapping of leg veins. We don’t know of any other vein center in San Fernando Valley that can make this same claim.
Patients at Nu Vela Laser and Vein Center are treated with the utmost care, respect, and empathy. Dr. Dishakjian adheres to the highest ethical standards of his medical profession through quality care and attention to detail. The backbone of Dr. Dishakjian’s success in the field is the mutually trusting doctor-patient relationships he has built and nurtured during the years—one patient at a time. To verify, please refer to the reviews written by the satisfied patients of the practice.
The Profile of the Varicose Vein Doctor
Dr. Raffi Dishakjian, M.D., is a board-certified physician, phlebologist (a vein doctor), and a cosmetic surgeon. The doctor is specialized in minimally invasive cosmetic surgery and vein treatment. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology since 1995 with approximately 25 years of operating room experience.
Dr. Dishakjian’s extensive background in Operating room and anesthesia training, skill and experience also provide a comforting level of safety, allowing him to anticipate and manage medical risk in the rare chance of a medical emergency.
- Physician and Surgeon, California
- Graduated with honors from the American University of Beirut, MD – 1986
- Internship and Residency: General Surgery at State University of New York, Buffalo, with emphasis on trauma, burn and emergency care – 1987-1989
- Residency: Anesthesia at Drew Medical Center – 1990-1993
- Fellowship: Obstetric Anesthesia at University of Southern California (USC) Women’s and Children’s Hospital – 1994
Certifications and Memberships:
- Board Certified Anesthesiologist on staff at Southern California’s West Hills Hospital and Medical Center for more than 18years.
- Member of the American Vein and Lymphatic Society – the largest U.S. multi-specialty medical society dedicated to the treatment of varicose veins, spider veins, and leg ulcers.
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery – a multi-specialty medical society dedicated to the study and advancement of aesthetic surgery.
- Medical Director and service provider at Chevy Chase Ambulatory Surgery Center in Glendale, California.